Thursday 15 January 2015

Song Review: P-Square - Shekini

There is nothing new under the sun. That’s the fact. It has all been done. We just need to come up with a new, better and simpler way to do these things. Track reviews aren't a new thing either.  People review songs differently and I just felt the need to give my two cents on this song that has grown on me and I LOOOOOOOVEEEE so much.

Has any of you heard the song Shekini- by Psquare? Well the guys are definitely redefining Nigerian music and I have to say they are doing good. First time I heard the song I was going to switch off the radio and leave the house but damn it was too catchy so I switched to phone radio immediately. No regrets. It is the kind of song that would definitely get me wanting to break into a dance in the middle of the streets (If I’ll ever get the courage to do it.)


From the time I heard it, I tried placing it. it sounded like a song I had heard before. I am not very good at figuring these guys out so I didn’t give it much thought.  Although I felt it sounded like Shoki, Sekem and or Gallardo. I played the songs alongside each other but I am still biased. Shekini wins. I cannot credit P-square for originality but surely they know how to steal and run the show. The energy in the song is like nothing I can compare to.


If you ever find yourself idle with absolutely nothing to do and you might be online just check comments on a famous profile. Anywhere. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, Blogs. You will not have a dull day I promise. The comments on this video to be precise are nothing short of entertaining. I am hoping one day I am going to get to a place where I read my own comments and break into laughter like I did today. Both negative and positive, bring it. I’m not here to be like I’m not a Facebook status. ( :D just felt the need to throw that in there however irrelevant.)

Well, if anyone is going to sue another, eerm, let me say I will just grab popcorn. These smart thieves just had me on their team and its not the first time they have stolen by the way. They stole a dance (Azonto) and named it Alingo. The thing they know how to do is pump up mad energy into a jam and you just cant resist the plagiarized product.

No comments:

Post a Comment